Thursday, June 16, 2016

Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar Review




In the early evening of May 21, 2016 my husband and I made our way to The Landing section of Disney Springs in order to make our first visit to Jock Lindsey’s Hanger Bar.  One thing I quickly noticed was that Disney Springs has a split personality.  During the day it takes on the feel of a family friendly, upscale shopping district.  At night it takes on the feel of a more adult friendly, vibrant, exciting, entertainment district.  Having visited Jock Lindsey’s in the evening I immediately felt as if I was underdressed and found me regretting that I chosen to wear such casual attire.  I did not feel as if I needed a dress and heels, but I would have felt more comfortable had I presented myself in a dress casual sort of way, think dress shorts, nice top and jewelry.



 As soon as we arrived we were impressed with the theming of the exterior of the bar.  It truly looks as if you have arrived at an airplane hanger.  We entered inside to find it to be fairly small, highly themed, and quite noisy.  There were no indoor tables available, so we decided to sit at the bar.  There was very little room as there were only two empty chairs.  After finagling our chairs around so that both my husband and I had a section of the bar in front of us, we waited to be greeted.  I was surprised that it took as long as it did for the bartender to acknowledge us.  The greeting was very cold and hurried, not what one expects when dining at Walt Disney World.





 Eventually we were given a Pilot’s Log Book, aka the menu.  I opened the book to find an extensive beverage index, photos of many of the drinks and a nice selection of appetizers.  I really enjoyed how the themeing of the bar was carried over into the menu book.  We decided upon the Tanis Tacos, Brody’s Brats, Cool-Headed Monkey, Air Pirate’s Mule and a Bud Light.  As we waited for our order and drinks to arrive we began to take in the atmosphere. In a corner of the bar is a completely awesome, diving bell seating area.  I was very envious of the guests who managed to land the table inside.   How much fun would it be to dine inside a diving bell?  Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to find out! 



It has been years since I have watched any of the Indiana Jones’ films which made relating to the décor difficult.  Nonetheless, I still enjoyed looking at the signs, artifacts, posters, etc., but the non-connection I felt made me wishing I had brushed up on my Indy knowledge before dining there.  Our food and drinks arrived in a timely manner along with a new bartender who was very pleasant, friendly and full of energy.  She engaged us in conversation and information.  She explained that the bartenders have call signs, hers being Chaser.  I had not heard of a call sign so I asked her to explain the meaning.  When pilots and air traffic controllers communicate on the radio, the airline’s call sign is always used along with the flight number.  This helps assure the communications are clear. Learning that just proves my theory that a trip to WDW can be fun and educational!










  Now onto the yummies!  The Air Pirate’s Mule was served in a tin cup which was quite novel.  My husband appreciated the camping feel of drinking out of a tin cup.  The drink was very strong and was better off nursed, not gulped.  The Cool-Headed Monkey was my drink of choice.  Fruity drinks are the type I gravitate toward.  It was good, but there was too much of a fruit punch taste for my palette.  The brats were delicious as were the tacos.  The tacos were spicy but not overly spicy.  The only thing I would have changed was the amount of sauce that was used.  In my opinion there was not enough which left the tacos a bit dry.   The cost of our meal without tip was $50.59.






Jock Lindsey’s does not participate in the Disney Dining Plan nor are there discounts for Annual Passholders or Tables in Wonderland holders.


Overall, our experience was a pleasant one and worth repeating.  It is not a place I will go to during each of my visits to Disney Springs, but I do plan on returning in the future.  There is quite a bit of additional covered, waterfront seating outside with some being inside a steamboat named “Reggie” which looks like a fun place to sit and relax.  Be mindful that next to the bar is an area that hosts music venues in the evening which would make a quiet dining experience impossible.


Jock Lindsey’s Hanger Bar is a wonderful place for friends to gather.  I can only imagine how many laughs could be had with a group of 4 or more friends enjoying the food, drinks, atmosphere and each other’s company.  Children are allowed inside the bar, but I would feel more comfortable taking my children someplace else such as D-Luxe Burgers, Sprinkles, T-Rex or Rainforest Café.


Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar is open from 11:30 a.m. to midnight Sunday through Thursday, and until 1 a.m. Friday and Saturday. Reservations are not accepted. 



Let us make your vacation even easier!  We'll help you plan from the start and can advise you and handle your arrangements, including dining, fast passes, room requests, discount application, and celebrations.  We are the same price or less than if you book on your own, and you get us for FREE!  Have an expert on your side at zero cost to you and contact one of our agents today!